The Kenosha County Youth As Resources Program is currently recruiting youth board members for the 2019-20 year.
Youth As Resources (YAR) is a grant-giving organization that helps youth groups in Kenosha County to plan and implement meaningful community service and service-learning projects. By involving youth in their communities, YAR not only empowers young people to be active and engaged citizens, but it strengthens the communities of Kenosha County.
YAR Board Membership:
- Youth As Resources does not discriminate against anyone for reasons of race, color, gender/sex, gender identity, creed, disability, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital or parental status, arrest or conviction record or veteran status.
- Board members of Youth As Resources:
- Will be selected based on experience, interest, and commitment to the Youth As Resources philosophy and the Kenosha County community. Members will reflect the geographic, ethnic, professional and economic diversity of the Kenosha County community.
- The Board will consist of no more than 12 persons, 9 youth and 3 adults. (current recruitment for youth positions only)
- Youth members are defined as high school students. Members of all ages must demonstrate a strong desire to participate, an overall good attitude, as well as high levels of reliability, strong attendance and show a willingness to work.
- Board members are required to attend at least one YAR service project per year (one in fall and one in spring).
- The YAR year will run from September through May.
- Board members will sign the YAR/United Way Conflict of Interest Policy annually.
Additional information: https://kenosha.extension.wisc.edu/youth-development/youth-as-resources/
Application deadline is April 5th, 2019.