2020 Youth Tractor Safety Program
Online classroom instruction: Tuesdays and Thursdays in June (2nd – 25th), 9 AM – 10 AM.
In-person driving instruction & test: over a two day span in July – final dates TBD.
Cost: $25/participant. Payment due when class meets in-person.
This program will be a combination of online classroom instruction, in-person driving practice, and an in-person written and driving exam. This course is open to:
- Youth ages 12 – 15 who will be operating tractors or self-propelled implements of husbandry on Wisconsin public roads under direction of their parent or guardian for work-related to their family farm operation. Youth in this age bracket who successfully complete the course will receive a Wisconsin certificate of training for operating on public roads.
- Youth ages 14-15 who will be working on a farm other than their family farm. Youth in this age bracket who successfully complete the course will receive a federal certificate of training to provide to their employer.
Schedule for the 2020 Kenosha/Walworth/Racine Youth Tractor Safety Course:
- 8 hours of online classroom instruction: Tuesdays and Thursdays in June from 9 AM – 10 AM (June 2, 4, 9, 11, 15, 18, 23 & 25)
- Homework and activities will be assigned to be completed outside of online instruction.
- Small group in-person driving instruction and testing at Burlington High School (6 hours total): Tentatively over a two day span July 8 – 10 or July 23 – 24. Final schedule to be determined based on school reopening and driving instructor availability.