[wooslider slide_page=”past-healthy-communities-projects” slider_type=”slides” layout=”text-left” overlay=”full” limit=”10″ thumbnails=”default” id=”Past PSE Initiatives” link_slide=”true” display_title=”true” display_content=”false” imageslide=”true” order=”DESC” order_by=”date” size=”post-thumbnail”]
Below are other PSE: Policy, Systems and Environmental initiatives UW-Extension FoodWIse has taken on to create healthier communities in Racine and Kenosha counties!
- Racine County Food Resource Guide (now replaced by a virtual “Food Emergency Access” resource) created through FoodWIse nutrition educator Amy Macemon’s work with Greening Greater Racine’s Food Council
- Increasing Access to Fresh Food In Racine County
- Increased outreach to area pantries by FoodWIse nutrition educator Jill Frideres
- Healthy breakfast items, including eggs, fresh fruit and bagels, were provided instead of sugary or high-fat options, at the annual Money Conference in Racine due to the work of FoodWIse nutrition educator Cindi Armstrong
- Food Pantry Survey conducted by Mount Mary dietetics students of 120 food pantry clients to determine their needs and obstacles to utilizing food pantries in Racine County. See report here: FINAL Report Food and Access Survey Racine