Home » Agriculture
If it happens on a farm or in a field, the Extension Institute of Agriculture works with you to achieve better results. Our innovative dairy management programs range from genetics to farm and business management. Extension researchers work hand-in-hand with row crop, forage and fresh produce growers to provide best practices for every aspect of the growing phase. We also advise communities on using sustainable practices to create inviting spaces free from invasive species. Our work supports people, communities and businesses.
County Economic Impact Reports
Agriculture plays a vital part of the economy in nearly every Wisconsin county, whether urban or rural, contributing both jobs and income.
Learn more through our impact reports
Did You Know
Many people already know of our popular programs such as Master Gardener, but we also:
- provide guidance for agricultural vehicles on the road
- assist in developing Community Gardens (check your local office)
- publish a newsletter for dairy farm employees (in both English and Spanish)
- conduct research and provide information to help farmers use cover crops to improve their production systems and minimize soil loss
- And much more! Check with your local office for more programs near you.
The Learning Store produces and distributes educational materials based on university research, extending knowledge to the statewide community.
Wondering when you should harvest your apple crops? Look no further! View the Learning Store’s publication, “Determining the Optimal Apple Harvest Date” for free!