Youth For the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA)
As of 3/23/2022, the new YQCA website is up and running. Below is information regarding next steps.
- First, ALL families will need to create a new account on the new YQCA website. This is the link for the new YQCA website: www.yqcaprogram.org This is the link that has step by step instructions on how to create a new account: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rowg7hm5py87bwh/YQCA_HelpDoc_SubmittingCurrentYQCACertification.pdf?dl=0
- Second, if you have already completed your YQCA certification this year (either through the old system or an in-person class), you will need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name on the account (parent name if parent account that has added children), the name of the youth, and then attach a pdf or jpg of your certificate. This is the certificate we asked everyone to download and/or print by Monday, March 21.
- If you have not completed your YQCA certification this year, you will need to complete it through the new website (www.yqcaprogram.org). YQCA certification needs to be completed BEFORE you complete your Fair entries in May. We do not recommend waiting until the last minute to do YQCA, because then you may not get your Fair entries in before the deadline.
If you run into trouble, customer support will be provided M-F 10 AM – 6 PM CST. There is a chat feature and help button available on the website. When using the help button, select a support request category that best suits your support requests and then hit “Compose”. A window in your email program or browser will then open with the “To” address prepopulated as email@example.com and the subject as the selected support request category. You’ll need to allow pop-ups in order for this window to open. If the pop-up doesn’t work on your machine, use your email program to reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and make the subject line a title from the support request category dropdown list.
YQCA Requirement – 2021 Kenosha County
The Kenosha County Fair Board will require that all youth ages 8 – 21 exhibiting an animal in the Beef, Dairy, Goat, Poultry, Rabbit, Sheep, or Swine project have a current, 2021 YQCA Certification in order to show at the 2021 fair. The fair board emphasizes YQCA as an educational opportunity for Kenosha County Fair exhibitors.
Options for Meeting the 2021 YQCA Requirement:
- Take the online training. The web-based program takes about an hour to complete and includes interactive modules and quizzes. Cost for the web-based training is $12/per person/per year.
- Test out of YQCA for 3 years via an online training and test. This option is only available to youth ages 12, 15, or 19. If the online test is passed, this option will cost between $36 and $48 based on the youth’s age, with payment being made upon completion. Certification via this option will last for three years.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT FOR THE WEB-BASED TRAINING MUST BE COMPLETED ONLINE at https://yqca.learngrow.io. Log in using your 4-H online credentials, or set up a new YQCA account if you are not a 4-H member. Based on your age as of December 31, 2020, select a course from the course list, then select the web-based training, and finally, pay for your course. For help with YQCA accounts, contact email@example.com.
The YQCA certificate needs to be attached to the 2021 Fair Entry Form when you turn it into your General Leader.
Please keep in mind that Extension is only coordinating communications about this program and has no control over program costs, online payments, or program content. Please read these FAQs for more information about the program.